Update, 18 May 2016: the majority of the images referenced below have been removed from Iessa Obied’s Facebook account.
- Ex-Reuters freelancer, published in Mail and Telegraph, pictured with “Hell cannon”.
- Charity Commission: images of Hand in Hand for Syria worker brandishing weapons “do not raise sufficient regulatory concern” (response by Charity Commission to the below complaint).
- Regulator rejects complaint about ‘charity worker’ who allegedly posed with weapons: report by leading UK voluntary sector journal Third Sector.
- Hand in Hand for Syria attempts to distance itself from worker who posed with weapons.
Your ref: C-422596-R6Y5
Dear Mrs Edwards
Thank you for your response of 5 February 2016 to my complaint about the registered charity Hand in Hand for Syria.
You state that the Commission is not satisfied that there is “sufficient verifiable evidence” to substantiate my concerns that Hand in Hand for Syria is “celebrating or supporting violence”.
I wish to draw your attention to photographs published on the Facebook account of Iessa Obied. Mr Obied works at Atareb Hospital, Aleppo, described by Hand in Hand for Syria as its “flagship medical facility”. Mr Obied is the brother of Abdulrahman Obied, who has described himself as Atareb Hospital’s Medical Director. 
Images 1 – 10 below show Iessa Obied posing with a cornucopia of armaments. Images 11 – 17 show him wearing a Hand in Hand for Syria tunic. Images 10 and 18 – 19 celebrate “martyrs” from the armed opposition in Syria. All the images below are viewable on Mr Obied’s Facebook account at the time of writing. I have provided links both to the original Facebook posts and to screengrabs of each post.
1) http://on.fb.me/1TRtXQJ http://bit.ly/1Rp9iwC
2) http://on.fb.me/1SWbAsL http://bit.ly/1pqQBlV
3) http://on.fb.me/1pqIOV6 http://bit.ly/1RnfknS
4) http://on.fb.me/21xC1oV http://bit.ly/1U9BBq1
5) http://on.fb.me/1RRbKwC http://bit.ly/256QsEO
6) http://on.fb.me/1MpHKG8 http://bit.ly/1U9BE53
7) http://on.fb.me/1pwE6G6 http://bit.ly/1pwK0qC
8) http://on.fb.me/1MpHJlz http://bit.ly/22pILYf
9) http://on.fb.me/1nRBRLF http://bit.ly/1twzq4R
10) http://on.fb.me/1pwEbJV http://bit.ly/1WtRswZ
11) http://on.fb.me/1Lt7Opc http://bit.ly/1UDxMaZ
12) http://on.fb.me/1Ujp7LO http://bit.ly/1RRiZVg
13) http://on.fb.me/1Rp3e7k http://bit.ly/1RRj3Es
14) http://on.fb.me/1Rnaln3 http://bit.ly/1Rnfyv4
15) http://on.fb.me/21xCVBD http://bit.ly/1pwKjBS
16) http://on.fb.me/1Z5MGHD http://bit.ly/1pOy17E
17) http://on.fb.me/1U9zqCW http://bit.ly/1Lte8Nn
18) http://on.fb.me/1Xyc0Vi http://bit.ly/1pOy57j
19) http://on.fb.me/1pwEsws http://bit.ly/1PerI1Z
I would be grateful for your response to this material.
 Screengrab of Iessa Obied’s Facebook home page from March 2016 giving his place of employment as Atareb Hospital, Aleppo (click to enlarge):
The caption in this image identifies Iessa Obied’s brother as Abdulrahman Obied:
Abdulrahman Obied has described himself as Atareb Hospital’s Medical Director:
Reblogged this on thewallwillfall.
Pingback: Hand in Hand for Syria hospital staff member poses with cornucopia of armaments | Urs1798's Weblog
Pingback: Newly-discovered images of alleged BBC “napalm victim” |
Pingback: Ex-Reuters freelancer, published in Mail and Telegraph, pictured with “Hell cannon” | Syria Solidarity Movement
Pingback: SYRIA: Hand in Hand with Al Qaeda, the Ongoing Exposure of the NGO ComplexAlternative News Network | Alternative News Network
Pingback: Hand in Hand for Syria attempts to distance itself from worker who posed with weaponsAlternative News Network | Alternative News Network
Pingback: Hand in Hand for propaganda? | OffGuardian
Pingback: EXCLUSIVE: One Man’s Quest to Expose ‘Absolutely Historic’ BBC Panorama ‘Fakery’ | Friends of Syria
Pingback: EXCLUSIVE: One Man’s Quest to Expose ‘Absolutely Historic’ BBC Panorama ‘Fakery’ | Tegenwicht Platform
Pingback: On World Press Freedom Day – ‘Media on Trial’ Event is Cancelled by Leeds City Council – Red Pill Project
Pingback: Fausse attaque syrienne au Napalm pour ternir l’image d’Assad et pour commencer une guerre meurtrière – Free mind